Digestive Disorders And
The digestive system made up of the gastrointestinal tract (GI), liver, pancreas, and gallbladder. The digestive system helps your body absorb essential nutrients and is responsible for getting rid of waste.
Digestion problems can mean more than unwanted symptoms. Minor problems that are left untreated can lead to more serious, chronic illnesses.
Gut Related Conditions
- Bloating or distention
- Burping or flatulence
- Indigestion / reflux / GERD
- Discomfort or pain after certain foods
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Irregular bowels or constipation / diarrhoea / alternating
- Coeliac disease
- Candida – fungal or yeast overgrowth
- Leaky gut syndrome / intestinal permeability
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
Digestive imbalance can also be the root cause of seemingly unrelated symptoms. It’s easy to recognise the primary symptoms of the gut: heart burn, bloating, IBS, constipation, diarrhoea, and many other issues like colitis etc.
Working as gut health nutritionist I discover that many people may not realise just how many other common health issues BEGIN in Your Gut.
Toxins, metabolic by-products, and inflammatory molecules produced by unfriendly bacteria in your gut can all adversely impact the following:
- Autoimmune conditions
- Exhaustion & adrenal fatigue
- Mood swings & depression
- Skin rashes, poor skin, psoriasis or acne
- Weight gain or weight loss resistance
- Migraines & headaches
- Joint pain
- Thyroid issues
How I can help you as gut health nutritionist
By taking your health history and discussing your symptoms in detail I’ll be able to recommend the test or tests most likely to help identify the causes of your digestive symptoms. I’ll then refer you for the test if you wish to go ahead and interpret the results with you so you understand what’s going on.
This is the most common test I request
COMPREHENSIVE STOOL ANALYSIS looks at the overall health of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. A stool test will also tell us how you’re digesting vegetables, meats and fats, if dysbiosis is present and if you need to supplement with specific probiotics.