Beautiful Courgette Pancakes
Pancakes. Do you love that name as much as I do? It’s such a friendly and cute name for something that I absolutely love to eat. Seriously, how could you not like pancakes? Especially these crispy, baked, vegan courgette pancakes.
Serves 4 people
- 4 cups grated courgette + 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour (I use oat flour)
- 2 flax eggs
- coconut oil (for cooking)
- Lemon and salad, to serve
- Add the grated courgette to thin kitchen towel in a colander over your kitchen sink. Sprinkle with the 1 teaspoon of salt and leave to drain for 10 minutes.
- After that squeeze as much liquid out of the courgette as possible.
- Add to a bowl and mix in all the other ingredients until just combined.
- Form fritter balls the size of 2 tablespoons and slightly flatten them on a plate.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan. Add the courgette pancakes, leaving some space between each, and cook on each side about 4 minutes.
- Serve with some salad and lemon wedges to squeeze over.