Creamy Chickpea Curry
Chickpea curry is made extra creamy with coconut milk! If you don’t like coconut flavour it is absolutely delicious and with out. It’s a vegan and gluten free, 20-minute weeknight dinner that’s perfect for Meatless Monday!
This dish always goes down well with quinoa, barley or brown rice. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge and eaten with sweet potato chips for lunch the following day, or frozen.
Serves 2 people
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed; 1 medium onion, chopped
- 150g kale or spinach (optional)
- 1 heaped tsp curry powder
- 300ml (1/2 pint) water; 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 2 tsp Marigold Reduced salt vegetable bouillon powder
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 can of coconut milk (optional)
- 1 x 410g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained or 1/2 cup of soaked and cooked chickpeas
Heat the oil in the large frying pan or wok and fry the garlic, onion and kale for 2-4 minutes until the kale is soft and tender.
Add curry powder and cook for a minute.
Pour in the water and add the vegetable bouillon powder, tomato puree, coconut milk, chickpeas and ground almonds.
Simmer and stir for a minute or so to let the mixture thicken.